Below is a synopsis of the board meeting actions and discussions that took place at the January 25, 2016 planning and regular board meetings held at the Administration Center.
Board members heard presentations from the two high school principal finalists Jared Smith and Tammy Bolden.
- A Public Hearing was held on the Proposed Plans, Specifications, Proposed Form of Contract and the Estimated Cost of Said Improvements of the Jefferson Elementary Demolition and Deconstruction Project. There were no written or oral comments received.
- No one spoke during Citizens Speak.
- The consent agenda was approved and included the following:
- The Minutes of the January 11, 2016 Regular Meeting.
- A Student Teacher Placement Agreement with University of Iowa.
- Bills and Claims against the district dated January 25, 2016
- Approved the following early retirees for FY 15 with regret:
- Deb Castle - MHS Special Ed Teacher
- Gerald Teel - WMS Special Ed Teacher
- Judy Dindinger - Mulberry 2nd Grade Teacher
- Monika Boyer - McKinley 3rd Grade Teacher
- Lisa Sturms - CMS 6th Grade Teacher
- Michael Fladlien - MHS Economics Teacher
- Jean Garner - Director of Finance
- Perry Rodocker - WMS Principal
- Approved the low bid submitted by D.W. Zinser in the amount of $475,400 (this is the base bid, no alternates) for the Demolition and Deconstruction of Jefferson Elementary.
- Jessi Freers and Alison Daufeldt discussed the Iowa Family Support Credential for the district's Parents as Teachers Program.
- Announcements of Future Meetings and Events:
- January 29 - 26th Annual Muskie Booster Club Cake Auction - 6 p.m. - MHS Cafeteria.
- February 6 - Legislative Forum at 9 a.m. at MCC's Student Union.
- February 8 - IASB Day on the Hill in Des Moines at the Capitol.
- February 8 - Regular Board Meeting - 7 p.m. - City Hall
- February 15 - No School - President's Day Holiday
- February 22 - Board Work Session (6 p.m.) and Regular Session ( 7 p.m.) at Administration Center.
For more information about last night's meeting, go to the January 25, 2016 Board Book.