*Please note - there will be no blog post for the next two weeks (3/21 - 3/25 is Spring Break and 3/28 - 4/1 the Communications Specialist will be on vacation). Our next blog post will be on 4/8/16. Thank you!
Scroll down to view pictures of students and staff engaged in learning this past week throughout our district! We have a lot of exciting learning opportunities happening district-wide!
- Parents as Teachers: St. Patrick's Day Celebration.
- District-Wide Elementary: 4th Grade Gifted and Talented Mock Trial.
- District-Wide Elementary: 5th Grade Band Students.
- District-Wide Elementary: 5th Grade Star Lab Field Trip.
- Franklin: Ms. Steinke and Friends!
- Grant: Mrs. Hafner's Kindergarten Class.
- Grant: Mr. Valenzuela's 5th Grade Class.
- Jefferson: Ms. Nebergall's Kindergarten Class.
- Jefferson: Mrs. Strouf's 1st Grade Class.
- Jefferson: Mrs. Todd's 3rd Grade Class.
- Madison: Mrs. Ward and Mrs. Woods' 2nd Grade Classes.
- McKinley: Mrs. Spratt's Kindergarten Class.
- McKinley: Ms. Pedersen's 2nd Grade Class.
- McKinley: Mrs. Boyer's 3rd Grade Class.
- Mulberry: Mrs. Steele's 5th Grade Class.
- Washington: Mrs. Schroeder's 1st Grade Reading Class.
- Washington: 2nd Grade Classes - 1st National Bank Presentation.
- CMS: Mrs. Larson-Walgren's 6th Grade Honors ELA Class.
- CMS: Mrs. Beale and Ms. Arnold's 7th Grade Science Class.
- CMS: Mrs. Bagwell's 7th Grade Math Class.
- CMS: 8th Grade Gifted and Talented Students.
- CMS: Weekly Band News!
- MHS: Mr. Johnson's Anatomy & Physiology Class.
- MHS: Mrs. Christensen's Geometry & Algebra Classes.
- District-Wide 5th-8th Grade: Gifted and Talents Students - Global Workplace.
PARENTS as TEACHERS
DISTRICT-WIDE 4TH GRADE GIFTED/TALENTED
The 4th grade GT Mock Trials were Monday, March 14, 2016 at the Muscatine County Court House. We appreciate the help we received from our middle and high school mentoring students who have participated in Mock Trial.
DISTRICT-WIDE 5TH GRADE BAND STUDENTS
DISTRICT-WIDE 5TH GRADE STAR LAB
Fifth grade students got a chance to learn more the sun, moon and stars by visiting the Star Lab portable planetarium. Students also worked on a collaboration project related to the moon.
Ms. Steinke and several Franklin students showed off their wearing of the green in honor of St. Patrick's Day!