- The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
- President Drawbaugh welcomed visitors and media representatives.
- Approved the 3 year contract with the Muscatine Education Association.
- Heard an update from Doug Hoag, President of Friends of FFA.
- Guidance Counselors presented a Needs Assessment for Mental Health and a proposal to meet students needs at the high school, middle school, and elementary buildings.
- Reviewed the following data:
- Chronic Absentee Numbers.
- Fast Data.
- District ACT/Aspire data.
- Received an update on MHS Construction Projects of the MHS Weight Room and Gymnasium Entrance and the Science/Industrial Tech Wing.
- Next Meeting: Monday, February 13, 2017 at 7 p.m. at City Hall.
- Meeting adjourned at 8:40 p.m.
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
The Board met on Monday, January 23, 2017 at 6 p.m. at the Administration Center. Those members present: Bower, Dabeet, Drawbaugh, Finn, Naber, and Wildermuth. Absent: Mather. Also present: Superintendent Riibe and Director of Finance Tom Anderson.
Friday, January 20, 2017
Friday, January 13, 2017
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
The Muscatine Schools' Board of Education met in regular session on Monday, January 9, 2017 at 7 p.m. at City Hall. Board Members present: Tim Bower, Tammi Drawbaugh, Aaron Finn, Nathan Mather, Randy Naber, and Mary Wildermuth. Board Member John Dabeet was absent. Also present was Assistant Superintendent Mike McGrory. Superintendent Jerry Riibe was present via phone as he was unable to attend due to weather-related travel issues. Director of Finance Tom Anderson was absent.
- Student Council reported on past and upcoming activities.
- Rachel Reifert, Tammy Ales, Lynn Ralston, Kelly Meyer, and Julie Evans were awarded January's Recognizing Excellence Award. They were nominated by their peers and/or parents for going above and beyond for students, staff, and parents on a continual basis.
- Citizens Speak: Director Naber announced he will not be running for re-election to school board this coming fall.
- The consent agenda was approved which included:
- The Minutes of December 12, 2016 Regular Meeting.
- Employment Recommendations:
- Schedule C New Hires: Bob Long - MS Basketball; Troy Kulland - MS Track; Wade McLeod - Wrestling Assistant (1/2 contract); Rob Awbrey - Wrestling Assistant (1/2 contract).
- Schedule C Resignations: Robert Rhum - MS Track and MS Football; Ben Nietzel - MS Basketball.
- New Hires - Classified Professionals: Deborah Fisk - Food Service Manager at WMS.
- 504.1 Student Government
- 504.4 Initiations
- 505.4 Student Injury or Illness
- Bills and Claims.
- The following early retirements were approved:
- Nancy Briles - Food & Nutrition
- Maria Elena Macias - SCAP
- Chris Harrison - CM
- Jeffrey Sywassink - CM
- Kandis DeLeon - Teacher
- Sherry Porter - SCAP
- Brenda Mosier - SCAP
- Gail Pusateri - Teacher
- Henry Murray - Teacher
- Karen Woods - Teachers
- Beth Irwin - SCAP
- Debbie Ferreira - Classified Professional
- Sally Echelbarger - Teacher
- Sheila Marks - Teacher
- Anita "Nikki" Truitt - Teacher
- Approved admin authority to seek modified supplemental amount from SBRC for the 2016-17 Returning Dropouts and Dropout Prevention At-Risk Program.
- Mike McGrory gave an overview of the district goal setting timeline.
- Mike McGrory and Terry Hogenson talked about the Middle School Furniture Replacement Timetable. Journal Article
- Agenda items: Budget Development Timeline and Future Ready Iowa were postponed and will be revisited at a future meeting.
- The following announcements of meetings and events were provided:
- January 16, 2017 Teacher Professional Development Day - No School for Students
- January 23, 2017 - School Board Work Session; 6 p.m.; Admin Center Auditorium
- February 13, 2017 - School Board Regular Session; 7 p.m.; City Hall
- The meeting adjourned at 7:41 p.m.
- The board went into exempt session to discuss negotiations.
To see the full board book: Board Book January 9, 2017