Scroll down to view pictures of students and staff engaged in learning this past week throughout our district! We have a lot of exciting learning opportunities happening district-wide!
- Colorado - Mrs. Michael's and 2nd grade students.
- Colorado - Mrs. Hartman's 5th graders with PE teacher Mrs. Eserhaut.
- Franklin - Ms. Clemens' Kindergarten class.
- Franklin - Mrs. Henderson's 2nd grade class.
- Franklin - Ms. DeVrieze's 3rd grade class with their kindergarten buddies (Ms. Clemens' students).
- Jefferson - Mrs. Strouf's 1st grade class.
- Jefferson - Mrs. Noel's 5th grade class.
- Madison - Mrs. Poppe's 4th grade class.
- Madison - Mrs. Foxen's 5th grade art students.
- Mulberry - Mrs. Steele's 5th grade class.
- Mulberry - Mrs. Hill's 5th grade art class.
- Washington - Mrs. Ramsey's Kindergarten class.
- Washington - Mrs. Roelf's 1st grade class.
- Washington - Mrs. Acker's 1st grade ELL students.
- Washington - Ms. Sulzberger's 5th grade class.
- Middle School - Ms. Wiebe's 6th, 7th, and 8th grade Ag students.
- WMS - Mr. Yerington's 6th grade science class.
- WMS - Mrs. Schroeder's 7th grade science class.
- WMS - Ms. Golien & Mr. Dillon's 7th & 8th grade PE students.
- East Campus - Mr. Woodward's Geometry class.
- District Staff - Colorado's Mrs. Nikki Truitt receives Classroom of the Quarter Grant!
- District Staff - Jefferson teachers and data teams.
- District Staff - Collaboration and Catapults.
Mrs. Michaels, Colorado's media aide, helps students in 2nd grade during their small group time work on their priority reading standards.
Mrs. Eserhaut, Elementary P.E. teacher, provided an interdisciplinary active project involving spelling with Mrs. Hartman's 5th grade class. Students worked as a team to earn letters to spell words.
...and made things out of shapes!
and participated in a reader's theater performing "When Santa Lost His Boots."
Ms. DeVrieze's 3rd grade class helped their kindergarten buddies in Ms. Clemens' class write letters to Santa.
Mrs. Strouf's 1st graders are learning about holidays all around the world and are dressed up and ready for their holiday program!
Mrs. Steele's 5th grade class measured shadows during science. They are exploring the changes in shadows throughout the day and explaining how the Earth's rotation effects the length and location of shadows.
Students in Ms. Roelf's 1st grade class are all dressed up for their holiday concert at CMS auditorium.
... they also utilized cereal boxes to learn about the Presidents! ...
...and..... looked snazzy before their holiday concert at CMS auditorium!
7th grade agriculture students identified different dairy products after learning about dairy production.
WEST MIDDLE SCHOOL
Students in Mr. Yerington's 6th grade science classes took a "virtual field trip" to the Grand Canyon by observing pictures and rocks!
Students in Mr. Woodward's Geometry class braved the elements to put trigonometric ratios to the test by measuring the height of the flagpole and emergency siren with inclinometers that they constructed.
Colorado Elementary's Nikki Truitt (5th grade teacher) received the district's first Classroom of the Quarter grant from Bridgestone/Bandag. She will be able to purchase Fit Seats for her classroom. Fit Seats provide a similar function to yoga balls or balance balls. They help give students a kinetic outlet & studies show that helps students attend to learning tasks. It also increases blood flow to the brain and engages core muscles without the distraction of bouncing. Congrats Nikki!
Jefferson Elementary teachers took part in Data Teams and looked at student performance on Math Standards, and also learned about ways to improve student engagement through technology with the ClassDojo app.
Teachers, administrators, Instructional Coaches, and Curriculum and Professional Development Leaders spent 2 days together learning about the Iowa Science Standards. They worked collaboratively to build catapults to launch a marshmallow towards a target.